Senior IT Systems Engineer
Position Type: Full Time
Start Date: Immediate
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Salary/Benefits: Benefits Package including Health, Dental, Vision, and 401K
Preferred Certification(s):Microsoft Exchange, VMWare, Microsoft Server, MCSE, MCSA, MCITP, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network +, CompTIA Security +, Cisco CCNA
Required Experience: 5+ years minimum work experience as an IT Systems Engineer and a minimum of 2 years consulting and working with multiple customers in a ticket-based MSP environment.
In the Senior IT System Engineer role you will be responsible for advanced tier support for implementation, troubleshooting, and ongoing customer support in a ticket-based MSP environment.
• Proficient to expert abilities in Window Server & Client Operating Systems in production environments, to date.
• Proficient to expert abilities in MS Exchange, including hosted Exchange, and Office 365
• Proficient to expert abilities in Active Directory, DNS, Security, Network Design, VPN, Thin Clients
• Terminal (Remote) Services, Troubleshooting, Business Class Servers, Workstations, Notebooks, Firewalls, Switches, WAPs, routers, print and imaging devices and solutions, UPS, environmental management, data back-up/restoration.
• Familiar to Proficient in secure remote connectivity solutions, VPN, Private circuits, MPLS, RPC/HTTPS, SSL, web certificates, etc.
• Beginner to Expert in Virtualization VMware, NAS, SAN, Fiber-channel, shared storage, blade chassis utilization.
• Proficient in Managed Services concepts and technology, centralized management and monitoring. Experience with Remote Management and Monitoring (RMM) toolsets a plus (N-able, etc.)
• Disaster recovery planning and solutions
• Proficient in virus, malware, and end-point security technologies
• Proficient in mobile messaging technologies
• Understanding of Cloud Computering, SaaS, and hosted environments/applications
• Familiar with SQL and other database platforms
• Comfortable in client facing sales support capacity (pre-sales/design engineer presenting to clients)
• Desire to work closely in a team environment with peers, coaches, and clients to elevate your business and technical acumen (thought exchange, peer-review, peer training, etc.)
• Ability to exchange constructive criticism with peers, coaches, and clients in a professional manner
• Strong drive to problem solve, including the ability to offer solutions when issues are discovered
• Desire to interact with clients to deliver oustanding, personalized support
• Fortinet Unified Threat Management
• SonicWALL Unified Threat Management
• Hewlitt Packard (HP) Server, Switches, and Storage
The Senior Systems Engineer position primarily focuses on discovery, design, project planning/implementation, and documentation of the following types of projects:
• IT Business Plans and “Road Mapping”
• Server Virtualization and Consolidation Assessments
• Business Continuity Architecture, Planning, and Implementations
• Advanced Troubleshooting and Systems Recovery
• Network and System Infrastruture Design
• Application Upgrades and Deployements
• System Migrations/Relocations
• Best Practice Administration of Complex Environments
If you are interested in applying for this position please email your resume, salary requirements, and any questions to Human Resources.