By: Junior Castro, ConvergeSecure® Engineer
There are several ways to manage Microsoft Office products and subscriptions. We can offer advice and services specific to each individual business by considering both the differences in ways of purchasing office 365 products and also the type of products that are available to you.
The three ways you can purchase office or office 365 products are as follows:
- Box copy – Microsoft ships a box with a code and the user must create an account then permanently register a license to the account and manage it as the Admin.
- Direct purchase via office.com – User goes to the website and enters a credit card for a monthly or annual (discount) subscription fee and is permanently registered to the account that creates it and then manages it as the Admin.
- Purchase via office 365 subscription thru CCC – This solution provides the most flexibility as you only pay for licenses you use. CCC also helps setup and manage it with your particular business in mind, so you get the maximum benefit from it. You can also take advantage of the annual commitment but with monthly billing.
At CCC we prefer to manage your Office and Office 365 products by leveraging our Microsoft Partnership for pricing and scalability and then simply including it as a fee in your monthly bill. When working with us, we’ll help guide you to choose the optimal product and add-ons mix. For example, many choices exist; Do you need web use only access or a local copy on your PC; do you need to add Visio or stand-alone office products; should you have business essentials or business premium, or should your company be in an enterprise agreement? CCC can provide answers to all of these questions.
Another advantage of this model is the scalability. If an employee leaves the company, or you no longer need the license, the license can be removed and a new one added as soon as a new worker starts. This helps prevent sunk investments tied to ex-employee accounts and avoids “box copy” nightmares. When a computer dies or a new computer is purchased, IT admins are often scrambling to look for the box or which email the box copy get is registered to. If it was registered to the user that left, you probably can’t use it any longer because it can be linked to a personal email account they have.
Office 365 thru CCC Technologies has advantages over box copies or one-time licenses. One is that Office 365 offers 5 licenses in case you have more than one computer. So, each user can install it on 5 devices. I, for example, use it on 4 devices, one personal, one work, one phone, one tablet, and I have one just in case.
Below we recap and mention some additional items that you can enhance your Office 365 subscription thru CCC:
- You can log into an office portal and see all the users you have licensed by name.
- You can easily identify which users have which subscriptions.
- You can remove and add licenses monthly while taking advantage of annual pricing when purchasing via CCC.
- You can save time and avoid headaches that are often involved with managing stand-alone subscriptions, such as losing access to past purchases.
- Great security features are available to help protect your account and you can manage your devices on the portal removing old computers or phones and adding the new ones as you go.
- You can setup AD (Active Directory) sync and the log in password for your computer will be the same for Office. You can also reset user passwords using the portal if you don’t have AD.
As always If you have any questions please contact your CCC Technologies’ Representative or reach out to our 100% U.S.-based Customer Care Team at 1-866.347.3780 anytime, day or night.